EnterpriseWorks/VITA (EWV) reduces poverty and raises living standards in developing countries by identifying opportunities for economic growth among small-scale businesses — increasing employment and incomes along the entire value chain.
EWV has developed a proven, sustainable approach for promoting appropriate technologies, building markets, expanding trade, and broadening access to financing, with an emphasis on irrigated horticulture, tree crops, agro-processing, household energy, natural products, and potable water.
EWV’s program designs and implementation plans are customized according to local needs and conditions. The following sound basic business principles guide our approach to every project:
• Employ a private sector approach
• Provide products and services with verified market demand
• Address constraints and capitalize on opportunities
• Facilitate access to financing
• Provide training and follow-up
• Promote linkages and partnerships
• Achieve sustainable and measurable results